On 13-14 October 2022, exceptionally heavy rainfall impacted across North-West and Northern Tasmania, causing severe flooding in some communities.
Floods are traumatic and overwhelming events that can affect everyone in the community, inundating homes, and causing disruption and damage to businesses, farmers, properties, infrastructure and the environment.
If you have been affected by this event, the following information is specifically for you, to assist you and your community in getting back on your feet.
It has now been approximately eight months since the severe weather event in October 2022 and most of the emergency response grants for this event have now closed.
Applications for the Primary Producer Emergency Response Grant (Tier 2) will remain open until 30 April 2024. This funding is only available to those who have been approved for Tier 1 funding in the Program. Further information is available on the Primary Producer Emergency Response Grant - Tier 2 link below.
The Australian Government's Disaster Recovery Allowance and Disaster Recovery Payment have now both closed. Late claims may still be accepted, but only in exceptional circumstances. Further information is available on the Australian Government Natural Disaster Assistance website at the link below.
Other Useful Resources:
- Returning home after a natural disaster: Your Land & Home - TasALERT
- Donations and volunteering: Donations and Volunteering - TasALERT
- Counselling and support services: Health and Wellbeing - TasALERT
- Animal welfare: Animal Welfare - TasALERT
- Legal assistance: Legal - TasALERT
- Insurance: Insurance - TasALERT
- Business support and information: Business Tasmania
- Agriculture, land and water information: Department of Natural Resources and Environment Tasmania
- Statewide road closures: Tasmania Police
- National park, reserve, campsite and track closures: Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service
- Find your local council: Local Government Association of Tasmania
Further Questions - Contact us
If you have any questions about recovery matters not covered here, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow TasRECOVERY on social media to stay up to date with the Tasmanian Government's current recovery activities: