On 13-14 October 2022, exceptionally heavy rainfall impacted across North-West and Northern Tasmania, causing severe flooding in some communities.
Floods are traumatic and overwhelming events that can affect everyone in the community, inundating homes, and causing disruption and damage to businesses, farmers, properties, infrastructure and the environment.
If you have been affected by this event, the following information is specifically for you, to assist you and your community in getting back on your feet.
Financial support - Grants available now
There are a number of grants available now to assist you along your road to recovery.
Grant Information Sessions
Community members are invited to attend a ‘drop-in’ information session about grants available to eligible private landowners and not-for-profit sport and recreation organisations affected by flooding and severe weather in October 2022.
No appointments needed. If you’re thinking about applying, come along to find out about the grants, ask any questions and get advice on how to fill out an application.
- Longford Recreation Ground clubrooms – Smith Street
- Wednesday 22 March 2023 between 10am and 12pm
- Mole Creek Memorial Hall – 2 Caveside Road
- Wednesday 22 March 2023 between 3pm and 5pm
- Railton Kings Hall – 3 King Street
- Thursday 23 March 2023 between 10am and 12pm
Financial support is available for individuals, families, small businesses, primary producers and non-profit organisations.
- Returning home after a natural disaster: Your Land & Home - TasALERT
- Donations and volunteering: Donations and Volunteering - TasALERT
- Counselling and support services: Health and Wellbeing - TasALERT
- Animal welfare: Animal Welfare - TasALERT
- Legal assistance: Legal - TasALERT
- Insurance: Insurance - TasALERT
- Business support and information: Business Tasmania
- Agriculture, land and water information: Department of Natural Resources and Environment Tasmania
- Statewide road closures: Tasmania Police
- National park, reserve, campsite and track closures: Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service
- Find your local council: Local Government Association of Tasmania
If you have any questions about recovery matters not covered here, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow TasRECOVERY on social media to stay up to date with the Tasmanian Government's current recovery activities: